Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Money Money Money



Dallen is always asking me how he can make some money. He said he would like to help out around the house. So we came up with this Job Chart(he loves charts) and the price he would get for each job he finished.

Dallens Jobs Chart.
1.Dishes (Lisa I know your jealous.) = $0.50
2.Pick up remotes and pillows in living room = $0.25
3.Pick up dirty clothing and toys= $0.25

He is the one who came up with this list. I thought he was pretty brave to want to tackle the dishes. OH and in case you are wondering about the prices they are alot higher then what Dallen was requesting. He was willing to do the dishes for .10 and the toys and clothing for a nickle. I love my dallen he is such a sweet sweet boy.

Dallen started with the dishes. Darren was in the living room playing. Darren noticed Dallen in the kitchen on a chair and went to investigate. Then he noticed the bubbles. OH my I could not believe my ears. Darren says, "I want to do the dishes." I started to laugh. Never in my wildest dreams would have thought my kids would want to do the dishes. Have you ever heard such a request? Not only one child in my family wanting to do the dishes, but two? I had to tell Darren "no, it was Dallen's job today, but he could do it another day." Darren was heart broken and started to cry, "I want to do the dishes, I want to do the dishes." I was in tears from laughing so hard.

I hope you enjoy the videos and pictures. I wanted to wait to post this until both kids were able to have their opportunity to do the dishes. I am still in shock over this. But I am enjoying it while it last..He he he

5 comments:

Scrappy said...

My boys always want to do the dishes, but I won't let them! It ends up being more work for me in the end.
You are a good mommy for letting them help. I should do that more often. :)
They are so cute!

The Ryno Family said...

Jocelyn! Hey Girl!!! I hate Texas! But I wanted to thank you super much for inspiring me to start a blog. Here is the address
http://rynofamily.blogspot.com
Dallen's teacher looks so cute!! How did his first day go?I will call you soon...lots to talk about...love, sara

Lisa said...

You remember I HATE doing dishes!!... I do have Mia emptying the dishwasher...for FREE! Okay so youare right...even though I rarely have to unload....I still hate (but have to do) DISHES!(Enter jealous look here!)

Heather said...

I will have to show Dylan what Dallen can do. He thinks he is such a big boy. I will show him what big bays have to do.

Fleming Family said...

What good little boys you have, that is great when they volunteer to help. Enjoy it while it lasts. Auntie Becki


Yes it is crazy these boys in school. How is it going there?