Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a fun week.

My mom was in town over the last week. We sure did enjoy her company. Darren and I dropped her off at the airport this morning. Darren was very upset about the whole thing. It will be so nice when we live alittle closer, just a few more months. Yippy!!!

My mom is very talented. She loves to quilt. Every time she comes to visit she brings along some of the projects she is working on. This time she brought 2 baby blankets one is for a baby boy and one is for a baby girl both of them are very cute. We are hoping we receive the baby girl blanket. I guess we will have to wait and see. I will post the blanket when we find out what we are having. She also is working on some aprons that are very cute. So I was able to learn how to sew a few different types of aprons over the week.

I love this apron it turned out really cute. It is a half apron. I really love the colors and the pockets on it.

This is a full apron It was alot harder to figure out. Thank goodness for my mom. I have 3 different patterns if anyone would like to borrow them.

My mom learned why we always take Darren to the bathroom before we leave the house. He does not like to use the GIRLS bathroom. He kicks and screams the whole way in. This is what he says's: "I am a boy,I go to the boys bathroom" Even at home he has decided that we have a girls bathroom and a boys bathroom. Thank goodness the one in my room is the Girls bathroom.

Dallen's school had a open house last night. He was so excited to take his grandma. He sure enjoyed showing her around. I am so glad he is enjoying school.


Thanks for coming mom we really enjoyed having you. We are all ready for you to come back.

8 comments:

Patty said...

It's nice your mom got to come visit! I like her aprons. She sews really well!

The Christensen Clan said...

Haha, your kids are so cute! I am partial to buns myself. Your aprons were super cute!!!

Mary said...

How fun you had your mom there!! I'm jealous!! I love the baby buns picture!! Too funny about the girls bathroom...what a character!

Nicole/ Family said...

I am glad your mom was able to visit. Where does she live?

I love the pictures!!

Ericka Johnson said...

I hope you receive the girl quilt too! How nice that your mom got to come. Hope your feeling better!

Jake & Rachel said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!! I'm glad your Mom got to come visit for awhile. Those aprons are too cute!! I don't sew, so maybe I'll pay you to make me one ;) Just kidding, I know you are busy enough! I can't believe Darren won't go to the girls bathroom, he certainly has a mind of his own. I'm sure someday he will be so embarrassed you posted his buns on the world wide web...too funny!

Amber said...

cute cute aprons!! looks like you all had such a fun time with grandma!!

Taryn said...

Cute aprons, I have been sewing a little too. It is always nice to have family visiting.